Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Taking a risk

I did something that feels kind of risky today. My financial situation isn't exactly the most impressive around, having just graduated etc., but one good piece of recent news is that I have paid off all my student loans. (Yay!) Then, after paying them all off, I leveraged myself again with a big (amount undisclosed) loan and put it all on a speculative stock that I have been watching for a while in the Canadian oil patch. Is this crazy? I don't know. But it feels like it. On the other hand, there is no better time to risk everything than when you are young - the potential upside is huge, and often losing everything isn't all that bad as you have so little to lose in the first place. But why not be an optimist? Let's pretend I'm going to make a fortune and never have to work another day in my life.

No comments: