Saturday, December 10, 2005

Fancy parties and revelry

It was a long week, and last night I went out for a much-needed drink with the other analysts (well, admittedly, more than one.) We initially went out to a bar near the Bank, but decided to check out a party at the main Bank building that was being held for the Infrastructure group (of which, apparently, I am a part) - I was planning on going to this thing anyway just to see what it was like, but thought it had been cancelled due to greatly exaggerated threats of snow. In any case, it was well worth it. I definitely felt out of my element - there was undoubtedly too much class for the likes of me - but it was incredible anyway. Open bar with fantastic drinks, amazing food, dance floors, diplomatic shmoozing etc. Of course, an open bar and I go a little too well together, but I made it home ok by the end of the night. I have quite a few of these things to look forward to however; apparently, this is a good time of the year to be in DC. I'm probably going to the Irish and Canadian embassy parties (I'll let you know which one is better - Guinness or Canadian beer? Tough call.) There are also at least two more Bank parties I'll feel obliged to attend. At least I get some use out of my suits.

No comments: