Sunday, December 04, 2005

Lebanese Blonde

Because I'm listening to the Ministry of Sound Chillout Session right now. This CD makes me very contemplative, and to be honest, screws with my thoughts a little. It might be the music, or it might be RYP's "Dangerous Places", which I have been reading as a source of inspiration for my inevitable vagabonding through the 'Stans. Either way, the bizarre combination of the two this evening coupled with the fact that I read through Russell's Aristotle today has put me in a very strange place. What to say?

I don't like Aristotle anymore. Sorry Matt, you were right. I really am a Platonist at heart - thank you for knowing me better (in some ways) than I know myself. His ethical system disturbs me, particularly with regard to the fulfillment of potentiality being the only moral yardstick with which to measure man. I mean, I consider myself a stoic in many ways, and I cannot accept that as the basis for constructing a moral code.

I like chipotle burritos. And they enjoy satisfying my appetite since it is their final cause. But what happens when they give me indigestion, Aristotle?

1 comment:

Mehal said...

Sadly, greek philosophers were silent on the subject of Mexican food.