Thursday, January 19, 2006

A night

My head light, and wandering, wondering, feeling alive like I never have before. I'm intensely aware of everything around me; the cold black lamposts marking our movement down the street, the warm glow of light that bathes the shadowy maisons around us in an aura of yellowred. Yet she is there, next to me, powerfully present and intoxicating. I can't look; I can't let go. I move forward with a driving impulse that requires nothing but the instinctual desire that already overwhelms me.

Sensation; a drop. Wet. Awakening and fantastic. Was it ever like this? Another. And then everywhere.

The patter of our shoes as we walk quickly down the sidewalk echoes faintly in the white noise of the fall, enveloping us in liquid warmth at the heart of winter. We can't flee; or don't want to? We slow, stop, turn. She is there, smiling, emanating everything I want her to be, and is. I stare into her eyes, blissfully lost as tears from the sky drop down her smooth cheek, and suspend themselves on her eyelids, and wave over the curve of her lips. Under the lamp, light dances with shadows across her visage, and casts rainbows in the beads that cling to her, clinging as I am. We're holding each other. Our lips touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shane, my words cannot describe this undeniable connection between the two of us justly. love, J

Anonymous said...

Shane, my words cannot describe this undeniable connection between the two of us justly. love, J