Monday, January 23, 2006

Simply an update

I have been remiss in posting frequently enough since the beginning of the new year, and much of that is because of how busy I have been. Moving into the new digs, the new courses I have started, an upcoming business development trip for my group to Mexico (I'll be gone on Friday), and the fact that work really just has been incredibly busy.

I don't know if things are going to slow down much over the next couple of months either. A business trip always means, of course, a great deal of work afterwords. My brother will hopefully be coming down to DC soon to visit me, and I'm also trying to swing getting a week off in the near future to go visit Reid (potentially with Whan) in sunny, but isolated Hawaii (we'll get there eventually bro, don't worry).

And I have met such a large number of amazing and interesting people in DC that I just don't have as much time to spend with them as I would like. It's a shame, because the enthusiastic, young, and in some cases still-idealistic (like myself) people I have met here have provided me with intense and exploratory debate that could fuel some very cool posts. I'll try harder.

Most importantly, though, I must mention Jin. I've never met anyone like her, nor felt the way I do about her. She's incredible, and I'm looking forward to the journey that we can go on together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so that Shane's friends don't think that he's out of his mind to date someone and fall in love in mere 5 days:

I've also never felt like this before - in the most amazingly heart-warming and intense way, we connect and breathe life together as if we are one. I look so much forward to downing a copius number of pints, hiking untraveled trails, pulling all nighters at work, running w/ our asics on, saving the world, and even biting our nails together (okay, we'll try to get rid of the bad habit).

much love,
Jin

Mehal said...

Its ok Jin, we know Shane is out of his mind already. Just to warn you though, we will be severely mocking you.

Shane, you're never online anymore. What gives? And you gonna make it out here sometime? Come during snow-season and we'll go snowshoeing (new hobby of mine).

Shane said...

Oh Jin...with the risk of waxing mushy, forelorn and starry-eyed, I love you. But you forgot comparing gaps between our toes and very good coffee. I really need to get some more of that Illy stuff.

And you're right Mehal - I've been working banking hours for the last couple of weeks. It probably doesn't help that the internet connection at my new place is dodgy at best, but that should change soon. So you got into snowshoeing? It's fun eh? Although I still want to come out in spring/summer and convince you to climb rainier. An Alaska Highway trip with Rainier at the end? Intriguing...

Anonymous said...

So Mehal, my snowshoes have been sitting in dust in my closet (DC is way too warm). I would love to take them out to places like the cascades.

And I am down for a second attempt on Rainier (it was too warm in my first trip out there, so I ended up hiking the olympic penninsula in plastic boots.. and they hurt!). The Rainier's south-side trail doesn't require any technical expertise, so it'd be easier than it looks in the summer.

And I do think Shane is out of his mind, just like me.

Shane said...

Partners in crime :)