Thursday, February 10, 2005

Minerva

Hegel said "the owl of Minerva first takes flight with twilight closing in." One way to interpret this is to believe that truth is only uncovered by way of historical reference and reasoning; the greater the part of history you can place under the lens, the more clearly you will see the undercurrent of meaning that, simply, explains.

Paradoxically, Goddess of Wisdom is driving me insane. I check this link:

Minerva

at least once every bloody day, visibly shaking with nervousness and anticipation at whether the desired "Accepted" will finally appear on my McGill law application, only to relax my muscles and collapse into a heap of relief upon seeing "Ready for Review" for the 54th time. It means I have not yet been declined - cause for moderate celebration.

I cannot keep this up much longer. I need to get into McGill. In any case, I suppose Minerva is aptly named: I need to keep telling myself that only after my admission will I know the outcome of my application. Regardless, I am finding it increasingly difficult to mitigate my emotional anxiety with this line of reasoning.

No comments: