Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Friendster: krap

I joined Friendster a couple of months ago to be able to comment on a friend's blog (damn you Taylor) and couldn't even comment after taking forever to confirm that I was leaving every section of my profile blank. Now, mysteriously, after giving no information about myself and not putting up a picture, I have been contacted twice, both times by skimpily-clad women (one a model, the other a "lonely gal looking for a man") employing what my delicate sensibilities would consider a far-too-familiar tone, and somehow discerning that I was a "good-looking guy". I must say, despite the friendliness of these women, I think they may be poor judges of character (links to their friends' website seemed to suggest inappropriate material) but don't worry, I will invite them to the next cocktail party I hold and try to introduce them to some more polite washingtonian circles.

Yes, I am aware that it would probably have taken less effort to unsubscribe than to rant, but I felt the need to make a public appeal to stop people subscribing to that horrible website, if anything because their blog layout is so dysfunctional. Oh, and the name sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Stupid, Friendster Rocks...
-tay

Anonymous said...

this post is stinking with the heavy undertone of "yes i got two girls saying that i am good looking."

is this really a rant or a brag?