Monday, July 25, 2005

Nightmares

I am not sure if I have been blessed with a single night's good sleep since I came back to Calgary, and I have no idea why. A big part of it is that I am simply uncomfortable in my Calgary bed all by myself after having been used to Angelica right next to me. Another factor could be the summer temperature without a/c. But in Canada, you say? I know, maddening but true.

I think the worst part is probably the disturbingly graphic and vivid nightmares that are haunting my subconscious every night. It's crazy - I don't think I've ever had dreams as bad as this in my life, let alone in nightly sequences that don't seem to let up. Take last night for example - a series of countless decapitations, interspersed with images of some woman who in reality I don't know, who in the dreamworld was supposed to be my friend, but who was actually changing into some kind of demonic minion before - you guessed it - more decapitations.

Maybe it's stress related.

No comments: