Monday, July 04, 2005

Sweetness

I have not posted on here for a while, because I have been emotionally reeling after having heard that the World Bank is "going to give me an offer", which should hopefully be received by telephone call tomorrow. I have also been lazier, which may be a direct consequence of the increased beer consumption that immediately followed this news.

It has made me very, very happy to hear that my future may not be as empty an directionless as I once suspected, and that my risky investment in an ivy league education has hopefully paid off. I still felt bizarre, however, announcing my good fortune to others because the offer itself has not "been made" yet. Hopefully after tomorrow that will have changed. Despite the confidence I have in the 'warning' of an offer I was given, I won't be entirely satisfied until I have the contractual paper in my hands, signed in ink. Until then, I still feel as though nothing is certain.

Which is, perhaps, inescapable in life.

2 comments:

Mehal said...

Can I leave a tenative congratulations?

Shane said...

Perhaps. Amazingly, they told me this afternoon that they are postponing the call to give HR a chance to finish reviewing my files. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this is verging on the rediculous?