Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Extension

My buddies followed me back home after graduation, which meant that this long weekend, rather than serving as an opportunity to recover from the ravages of Senior Week, was devoted to an extended 4-day session of drinking and debauchery. I hope I will be able to work out when I try at lunch time. Reid, Whan, I love you guys, but I think I needed sleep more than beer.

Apart from saying goodbye to my mates, this weekend also featured my first viewing of Star Wars III. I would have to concur with Matt's opinion: if the movie has its moments, they are ruined by the inability of the plot to make Anakin Skywalker's transition to Darth Vader convincing. Sad, as this is the crux of the entire six-episode saga. Amazingly, Star Wars fanatics seem to be as excited as ever:

Star Wars idiots.

I, for one, however, do not intend to light myself on fire. Hell, we all know how dangerous even stick lightsaber imitations can be (thanks Ghyslain).

No comments: