Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Preapproved for Life

It appears as though I have graduated - well, in the least, I have passed all my classes and obtained a sufficient GPA within my majors to be able to graduate in the future. So apparently Penn and, by extension, society, have branded my ass with the painful (4 years of working-incredibly-hard-painful) mark of a degree. Well two of them, actually, which is probably part of the reason it was so painful.

It's a bit shit that bachelor degrees are as common nowadays as branded cattle - sadly, I kind of just feel like a lost member of the part of the herd that was stupid enough to siphon itself into the corral, while some of the other guys are still out there, eating greener grass, and avoiding having their asses burned. Will I feel different after walking across the stage? Will I feel different after working? Why will getting a masters degree be any different?

I hope to hell it starts to feel better. For the immediate future, I am going to dull the lingering sting of the branding iron with alcohol.

No comments: