Thursday, May 19, 2005

Made it

Thank God. Every single time I need to pack up my life and move it somewhere else, I have to get through a 24-hr period of intense stress and anxiety, which usually leaves me physically, mentally, and emotionally drained for a week afterwards. That's where I am right now. What I have gone through is best understood through snapshots:

I cried for the first time I can remember as I saw Angelica walk away.

I cried again after catching her, kissing her again, and then letting her walk away once more.

I did not sleep my entire last night in Philadelphia.

I drank. So, so much. Even in the morning as I left, my friends insisted I take a goodbye shot with them. My parents joined in.

I graduated. Shit. Now what do I do?

I lugged 2 70lb suitcases across the continent, sleeping intermittently.

I am sick. Every time I swallow, it feels like my throat is about to erupt. Matt gave me some fisherman's friends, which help, but which ultimately only mitigate the further damage I have done to my body with drinking since I got back.

I need sleep. I have been struggling to get into work on time because I am so sick and tired. Sadly, sleep is not on the foreseeable horizon, as my friends from Philadelphia are coming up today and we are, of course, going to get incredibly plastered.

I'll be ok.

No comments: