Thursday, May 26, 2005

First rejection

Well, I guess it had to happen sometime, but it doesn't make me feel any less like shit. I got the first rejection (ever) of my job search efforts today. A boutique I-bank I had interviewed with in New York just before I came back to Calgary called me this morning to let me know that they didn't want me. Graciously, I suppose, they attempted to cushion the blow by describing to me how competitive the process was etc. blah blah blah. They even got the French guy I had 'bonded' with during one 20-minute session to be the messenger. How charming.

Fuck.

I really did not need this right now. After waiting for news from the mutliple options that I have on the burner right now, this hurts, and does little to improve my state of mind or to enhance my self confidence at this juncture. This is simply going to make me fret even more about the other jobs I am waiting to hear back from, and will probably lead me to chew my fingernails to a pulp before the summer is out.

I need society to show me that I am worth a damn.

No comments: