Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Productivity shot

I am trying to be a good little corporate rat. I really am. I came into this summer job afraid for my future, repentant for my past, and with the hope that impressive performance could lead to a permanent position if I need it.

How on Earth am I to perform impressively if I can't do anything? Admittedly, I have only been in the office for a total of 2.5 days, and experience has shown that administrative barriers usually take at least a week to surmount. That does not change the fact, however, that I am sitting on my ass waiting for the corporate administrative motor to grind into action, the creaking clogs of the sleeping machine-beast struggling to respond. Frustrating, to say the least.

Even account auditing excites me more than hours of internet browsing. One can only visit Ebaum's world so many times in a day.

No comments: