Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The long, long wait

After talking to Reid last night about what on Earth could possibly be taking the World Bank so long to make their hiring decision, I resolved to call them today. 3 phone calls over the course of the day were attempted, with 3 answering machine responses. I didn't leave any messages. The amount of courage and will the simple act of telephoning them required was unbelievable...I was left shaking and physically depleted afterwards, despite having spoken to no one nor having heard any news that changed my increasingly frustrated outlook.

Frustration is an understatement. It is becoming the only thing I think about. I am no longer biting my nails, but relentlessly chewing my fingers off in anxiety. I have even started working seriously in order to distract myself from the constant stream of questions flowing through my head.

I'll call them again tomorrow.

No comments: