Thursday, June 16, 2005

McGill Rejection

Not exactly the thrilling climax to all those months of waiting that I was expecting. More of a brutal let-down, which is making me increasingly angrier and frustrated as the truth of it seeps in. The most unfortunate part is the emotional and mental investment I had gambled on getting an acceptance...I was checking that bloody Minerva system almost every day for the last few months, and my heart beat would accelerate every time the page loaded to display the message "Ready For Review". I had become so habitualized to the perpetual waiting room that it was quite a shock just to see the "Refused" message on the screen, let alone to fully comprehend the reality behind the pixels.

Ah well. 0 for 2, maybe third time lucky? You never know, although I really have no idea why it is taking the IFC this long to get back to me with an offer or a refusal. I don't believe I have any alternatives other than to continue madly applying for jobs, in the hope that someone, somewhere, will pluck my resume-in-a-bottle from the surface of the electronic Sea, and read it. Then maybe they can send emergency help to a poor, unemployed, starving student.

Well, in truth, I am not that hungry.

No comments: