Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A delayed birthday celebration

I definitely do not feel a year older, but I turned 22 on Wednesday last week while I was at Pennsic with Angelica. I had a wonderful time the night before, going around the camps with some new friends from Silver Phoenix Estmar, and the following day, my actual birthday, happened to be feast night, so I really did have a big party. Fortunately, they never made me follow through on a vague threat: "You've got to jump over the fire, it's tradition!"

Now that I am back home with my family, they are taking me out for dinner to night for a delayed celebration. I don't know how enthusiastic I actually am about turning 22, but I am not going to rant negatively about that here. I just felt I should at least write something to recognize that yes, my birthday did happen last week, and no, I did not forget my own birthday altogether.

I did not really have the chance to celebrate it with any of my peers apart from Angelica, but I guess it's not to be expected; Reid and Whan are thousands of miles away in opposite directions, Matt has gone back to the lower mainland already, and a stroke of bad luck and/or timing made me miss Pedro by a day before he took off to California again. Maybe I'll meet up with Andrew later this week. It is a bit bizarre to feel like I am going to be the last one to 'start' my new project after last semester - everybody else already seems to be on their way. My thoughts are with Angelica, I love you babe! Hope the packing for Egypt is not too overwhelming...

No comments: