Thursday, August 25, 2005

Presentation today

Just taking a quick moment to mention that I am making a presentation on my work for the summer today - it's going to be in front of the head people in my division, and over at the Nexen building. I am not the only person presenting, as all of the other summer students will be doing similar things as well - that, at least, is somewhat comforting. What is not so encouraging is that Kevin (the other summer student working on the finance team with me) and I were only given 2 days' notice to prepare ourselves, while the summer students working at HQ have apparently had 3 weeks.

Despite that, I am sure everything will go swimmingly. I am going out for a lunch beforehand with Kevin; we are going to grab sushi at a hip (but somewhat expensive) sushi joint called Zen 8. Then I pretty much have the day off tomorrow, as Nexen will be flying me and the rest of the summer students up to the Long Lake site (in far northern Alberta) for a tour of the oil sands project we have been working on for 4 months. It should be enlightening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gaylord

Anonymous said...

Hey babe! I hope your presentation went well, and the oil sands were... um... not as hot as the sands in cairo :-P. love you! -angelica

Shane said...

Wow, they now do advertisements in your comments? When will the abuse ever end...

Kudos to Whan for making himself identifiable using only a single word unrelated to his name.

And hey babe! Strangely enough, I bet the Cairo sands provide a more comfortable environment...read next post. Hopefully I can talk to you soon and hear all about them!