Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Set to go

Almost unbelievably, everything seems to be finalized for my return to the US and for starting my new job at the Bank. Today I sent off my final, contractual acceptance of the position I am taking, and I also spent 3 joyous hours sitting at the US consulate in Calgary as they issued my G-4 visa. At least I now have a pretty picture in my passport that I can flash at border guards. This final week is plodding along slowly, yet I still find it hard to grasp that I've only 2 days of work left after today. Endings and beginnings...

In other noteworthy news, I have joined the iPod club - I caved in yesterday and spoiled myself with some of my summer savings. The frugal Irish catholic in me feels horrible, but the yuppie "young professional" I am slowly becoming loves it. And doesn't feel so bad as everyone else has one as well. I really did splurge yesterday though - at the same store I bought myself a digital camera so that I can finally start documenting my life in pictures, displayed on the internet for all to see. Or, at least, shared discretely among friends. I'm hoping my first photography venture will be some gorgeous rocky mountain panoramas that I'll take if I can go scrambling this weekend (fingers crossed). I'd like to get as much of a dose of the Rockies as possible before I have to leave them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! take lots of pics, and have fun scrambling. i think you must be online now, i think we missed each other again-boo!

Mehal said...

If you want some fun scrambling, visit me next summer.